Branch @ Restaurant Bak Kut Teh Mo Sang Kor 毛山稿肉骨茶@ Pandamaran, Port Klang

>> Mar 2, 2010

The week before Chinese New Year, my 'heng tai' Kurau King invited us down to Klang to yum cha and collect something he pre-ordered for us. He is one of those true locals of Klang. He grew up in Port Klang. Hence, he knows the good food places around Port Klang.

Anyway, this time round, he brought us to the all famous Mo Sang Kor Bak Kut Teh 毛山稿肉骨茶 in Pandamaran, Klang.

Restaurant Mo Sang Kor Bak Kut Teh 毛山稿肉骨茶

This place resembles some small shack that isn't that well kept. The tables are those unstable plastic tables found in 'real' hawker stalls. Anyway, we ordered a combination of some fatty meat and lean meat to share among us. The bak kut teh at this place comes in individual bowls.

A bowl of fat meat and skin

I am personally not a fan of fat. Hence I opted for the lean meat. The others kept going on about 'I'm not eating it if there's no fat in it'. Oh well, hopefully they don't end up contributing to the income of doctors in the near future.

A bowl of lean meat

This was my bowl of bak kut teh. I have to say, although limited in soup quantity, that small bowl tasted extraordinarily good. The soup was thick and had that nice meaty and herb flavour. Some people prefer the more liquid type of bak kut teh. I personally don't mind either. As it was lean meat, the meat didn't have that soft melt in your mouth texture. However, the soup was good enough to send me asking for me.

Unfortunately, bak kut teh restaurants in Klang have this tendency to NOT GIVE OUT MORE SOUP! In some places, you might even end up getting scolded for asking for more soup. Thus, we were playing the 'who dares to ask for more soup' game. Eventually, KK volunteered. Thankfully he didn't get scolded. However, he received the cold treatment with a slight nod. Alas, the soup never did make it to our table. They were determine not to give out any extra soup, and we were too afraid to ask again (alright, they weren't as scary as I portrayed them to me, but one wouldn't get any extra soup at this place).

After stuffing ourselves with one of the best bak kut teh I know of, we sat down to 'yum cha' for a bit. I somehow took this picture of KK pouring tea.

Gimme some tea

The bak kut teh was priced at RM7 per bowl (doesn't matter what cut of meat is required). I find the price very reasonable. One could also buy the prepacked herbs at Mo Sang Kor.

Although distance is a restrain, I would certainly come back to this place in the future. Special thanks to KK for paying for the meal AGAIN! I will have to treat him one day.

Restaurant Rating: 8/10 (I woud have considered giving them 8.5 if they had given me more soup)
Pricing: About RM10 per person

*Ratings are based on ambience, service, value and food quality for the price you're paying. Opinions expressed are solely based on my personal experience

Map to Restoran Bak Kut Teh Mo Sang Kor 毛山稿肉骨茶

Restoran Bak Kut Teh Mo Sang Kor 毛山稿肉骨茶,
145, Jalan Chan Ah Choo,
42000 PandamaranPort Klang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Contact:
Telephone number: 012 312 3125 / 012 904 2421 / 012 264 8558

Opening hours:
6am until the bak kut teh runs out (about 12pm)
5pm until the bak kut teh runs out (about 9pm)
Off days are on the 1st and 15th day of the Chinese Lunar Calender

Restaurant Mo Sang Kor has 2 more branches in Klang. I shall list their address below. Enjoy.

Lot 2982, Persiaran Raja Muda Musa,
41100 Klang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 016 619 8310

41, Lebuh Bangau,
Taman Berkeley,
41150 Klang,
selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: 019 272 7728

grace,  March 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM

have been away for a while. nice write up

Nikel Khor March 2, 2010 at 12:56 AM

wakakka...updated bah kut teh pulak.keke..pork fan

from Nikel Khor

Tummy Rumble March 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM

@grade: don't worry about it :)

@Nikel Khor: yea, I'm a pork fan.. ahahaha..

jfook March 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Last week went to Klang, but din get to eat bat kut teh. Had bee hoon kueh instead of bat kut teh.

Tummy Rumble March 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM

@jfook: you went to the mee hoon kueh in berkeley? I heard its good..

PeckWm March 4, 2010 at 11:16 PM

No extra soup.. erm.. kind of teruk rite?

Tummy Rumble March 6, 2010 at 2:16 PM

@PeckWm: yea, but most good places in Klang don't give out more soup..

Anonymous,  March 10, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I <3 BKT

shirley,  April 11, 2010 at 9:10 PM

i went to Kepong branch near Public Bank and my office at Rimbunan Raya 1 ....just as good :)

Tummy Rumble April 11, 2010 at 11:21 PM

@shirley, thanks for the info... looks like I don't have to travel so far next time..

psan,  June 23, 2010 at 7:04 PM

odd... I've lived in Klang all my life and I've never not ordered extra soup! probably cause I mostly frequent the few same stalls LOL

had fun reading your food blog though! :D

Tummy Rumble June 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM

@psan: thanks for dropping by :)

Anonymous,  August 21, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Dear All, i had never try out d Klang originated owner,but Bandar Puteri branch are giving me a no comment n bad experience. This our story n juz a sharing to everyone if u decided to go fr try for Puchong branch. Today our family had decided to go fr BKT n get recommendation BKT in puchong n v got d website of this “Mo Sang Kor, Puchong”. Around 6.30pm 21st Aug 2010, myself n my family arrive at this shop. First of the bad experiece r d waitress attitude which i cannot stand. Once seated, v requested fr menu n which to hav some selection. Feedback frm d waitress r so bad n throughout d giving out d menu, she juz like throwing to us. Nvm, v thought mayb she having her bad day ahead. Then v proceed to order n finalized it. 2nd nightmare are on “GARLIC”. Everyone of BKT eaters know garlic playing a big role in BKT, n our family hav requested garlic frm d waitress but seems it never reached or served to us until v hav to request frm d Taukeh Soh sitting at the cashier. Finally d waitress came n served us wiv garlic which are place in 2 small chilli plate. Pls, dun u hav a common sense tht 2 r not enuf fr 4 persons…? Ok…. nvm we proceed to our dinner but this is the best part of all. It come to soup part whereby we hav finishing our soup n v requested fr more soup. U know wht happen next ? D Taukeh soh some n check our table then go to kitchen come back wiv a very small bowl which have only half soup inside d small bowl. I think it don’t even consist of 4 tablespoon. My sister then asked why loh, then this taukeh soh started wiv all reasons. No soup lah, not enuf soup lah, soup very expensive lah.. v are like…. WTF… Soup very expensive…come on… BKT without soup, u dun think of selling BKT lah. Better close shop. This come to a very hectic moments whereby all my family members stop eating n requested fr a bill n paid n move out frm d shops. V move on to Yap Chuan BKT in puchong also which are serving us a better BKT wiv much good services n nice foods. Thinking of MO SANG KOR, Bandar Puteri… i will never recommended anyone to try wiv this kind of services n selling attitude which does not deserve to be a BKT shops.

Tummy Rumble August 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM

@Anonymous: I would appreciate it if you post your name when you criticize a place.. Its not good to hit someone from the shadows. Yes, I know the feeling. Mo Sang Kor don't give out soup. According to the owner, it is because each slice of meat comes with just enough soup as they do not want to dilute the soup in any way. I was complaining that I didn't get enough soup as well. And yes, if the Puchong branch is giving u this crappy service, we all shouldn't be going there.. THanks for the heads up :)

Time To Chow May 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM

wow i love the color of this BKT broth. i don't mind the lighter bkt 'broth' either, but this broth looks 'killer' or amazingly rich and flavorful.

I love having extra soup. And I would always want more. Do you think they will agree to 'charge' for extra soup?

Tummy Rumble May 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM

@time to chow: they'll only give you more soup if you order the pork. apparently each chunk of meat is entitled to a specific amount of soup..

alan tan,  June 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Well, all i can say to those who complain that mo sang kor gives very little soup is that they do not understand cooking and what a real superlicious , rich, thick , gelatinous and a very tasty bkt should be. If they know how much time and pork tendons needed to achieve this effect,nthey will not complain. I dont blame them. Because they are si used tobthe soupy tyoe of bkt, especially the diluted, peppery, clear soupbtype where you pour the soup into the rice or dunk yau char kwai. If only they know what mo sang kor type og bkt is. Its just different and a very superior bkt.what the lady bos in puchong said is true but she may not have explained it properly, hence the misunderstanding. If one have the opportunity to watch how they cook from scratch, they will appreciate it.

alan tan,  June 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Johnny,  January 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I just want to say not all Mo sang kor shop is good!!! Be careful of the Mo sang kor in TAMAN SENTOSA KLANG! Had my worst ever Bakuteh experience in 20 years!

I politely comment that my bowl's meat smell very strong, maybe spoilt ady bcz my friend's smell OK. They almost sound like scold me. So embarassing!!!! I also din't make noise.

Then they charged me and my friend so expensive! RM 35 for 2 people!! I asked them but no one reply me! I think bcz they wanna take revenge.

The service is super lousy too. All the staff also like boss! no one care about anything!!!

First & LAST!!! No more going there!!

If eat Bak Kut Teh in Sentosa Klang, better go Ah Meng's. Service nice, food also good!