Win Soon Fish Head Noodles @ Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur

>> Apr 11, 2010

This was the first place that I ate in, in Kuchai Lama. We used to joke that Geoh Soon's father owns the place, after all, its also called Ah Soon Fish Head noodles.

Anyone, I was short of places to go, so I decided to head over to Win Soon for a bowl of fish head noodles.

The lunch crowd here can be a killer. Be prepared to queue up if you're here during lunch hours. Normally we are given a paper to fill in our order while waiting. On the bright side, food comes extremely fast upon sitting down at a table.

Note: Pictures were taken using my phone, hence the quality.

Win Soon Fish Head Noodles

I went for the fish head noodles whereas my friend went for the fish paste.

Fish Head Noodles (Yu Tao Mai)

Fish Paste Noodles

Both the fish head and fish paste noodles were priced at RM7.50 per bowl. The noodles here taste quite good. However, I feel that a good amount of MSG have been added into the soup. Do not that one would most certainly feel very thirsty after this. Lard fritters are also used to give the soup a nice flavour

All in all, good taste, lots of MSG, not that healthy. I do drop by occasionally to indulge in some of this guilty pleasure. I doubt the food served here is anything close to healthy, but then again, healthy food tend to taste like crap.

On a side note, we happened to stumbled into Wong Choong Han, the ex-world number 1 badminton player. Jien was brave enough to go up and ask for an autograph. I am not sure if he still has it, but it was good fun.

Note: I am certainly not a fan of MSG.

Restaurant Rating: 7/10
Pricing: About RM10 per person.

*Ratings are based on ambience, service, value and food quality for the price you're paying. Opinions expressed are solely based on my personal experience

Map to Win Soon Fish Head noodles

No. 46, Jalan Kuchai Lama Maju 9,
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama,
Kuala Lumpur.

Contact:
Telephone number: 03 7981 9287

Opening hours:
9am - 10pm daily

algin April 11, 2010 at 11:22 PM

macam tasty but kinda expensive neh

Tummy Rumble April 11, 2010 at 11:26 PM

@algin: for a bowl of fish head noodles I think its quite reasonable lah.. haha.. thanks for dropping by :)

Supia Chao April 11, 2010 at 11:29 PM

look like not very milky for me. look yellowish. taste like MSG better try other stall ba.

RM7.50 is expensive. >.<

Tummy Rumble April 11, 2010 at 11:31 PM

@Supia Chao, the amount of alcohol wasn't much.. The taste was there though.. thanks for dropping by :)

Baby April 11, 2010 at 11:47 PM

ate here once on recommendation from my brother. quite good as i don't usually eat fish head noodles. tat day i ordered fish paste noodles instead. yup, msg banyak. price vice, what to expect lah? this is restaurant type, not kopi shop or tepi jalan punya.

Tummy Rumble April 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM

@Baby: you summed up what I was trying to say in 4 sentences.. haha.. thanks for dropping by :)

thenomadGourmand April 17, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Goon wah is the competitor here rite? Nearby i heard...

Tummy Rumble April 18, 2010 at 2:30 AM

@thenomadGourmand: Goon Wah wins.. bwahahahhaha... this sort of cafe usually put lots of funny stuff into their noodles.. just like cheong fatt cafe in setapak..

Anonymous,  March 1, 2011 at 11:49 AM

This restaurant able to conned so many people into paying service charge as the waiter and waitress conveniently tell you to write down your own order and go to the counter yourself to paid.

What kind of services they charges for if u put your own order and the waiter refuse to take the bill to you?

Haha.. so many soh chai and soh lui in the restaurant.

Tummy Rumble March 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM

@Anonymous: I didn't know they charge you service charge... A meal on average cost about RM10 which I find rather fair..

Anonymous,  August 24, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Are they priced so high becoz its a prime area?

With that crowd & high MSG content, I think I prefer Goon Wah or Ah Kiew Fish Head.