China Court @ Subang Avenue, Subang Jaya

>> Aug 19, 2010

As I am current having a mild headache, I am going to make this a short post.

After the countless drive-by of China Court at Subang Avenue, I finally decided to go give it a go one day. Parking wasn't an issue. The restaurant was relatively empty.

We asked the waitress for some recommendations and she came up with tiger grouper soup. Chinese restaurant tend to push you to have their seafood to rip you off some good profit. Being familiar with their scheme, we asked the weight of the fish. She told us that all their fish were above 1.3kg (which is very big for 3-4 people). So we decided not to order their fish and made do with the other dishes.

Note: Being quite familiar with fish and their sizes, I went to check out their tanks and saw a couple of 700-1000grams fish. So much for pushing us for the bigger fish.

Char Siew and Siew Yok

The Char Siew and Siew Yok weren't the best I've tasted. I would say they were reasonable though.

Fried Brinjal with Belacan

The brinjals (egg plant) were soggy. Any random 'tai chow' would have done a better job at this dish.

Pumpkin Stew

Not being a big fan of pumpkin, I didn't really enjoy this dish. This dish seems to be on every other table (I am not sure whether it was because it was good or the waitresses seem to be recommending it)

Beef with Radish

The beef was probably the best savoury dish that night. It wasn't exceptional in any way, but compared to the other dishes, it sure stood out like a shining star.

Freshly Baked Egg Tarts

If you ask me, they should close down the restaurant and only sell egg tarts somewhere. This egg tarts were soft and smooth on the inside, and packed a nice flaky texture on the outside. I couldn't stop eating them.

All in all, I'll probably come back just for their egg tarts. The other dishes were between average to below average. The meal was about RM180.

Note: My relatives recently went there for their roast goose. Apparently it wasn't anything special.

*Opinions expressed are solely based on my personal experience

Pricing: About RM30 per person (depending on what you order)

Map to Subang Avenue

S2-01, S2-01, Level 2,
Subang Avenue Shopping Complex,
Persiaran Kemajuan SS16,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Malaysia.

Contact:
Telephone number: 03 5636 0888

"Joe" who is constantly craving August 20, 2010 at 6:36 AM

4 dishes pls egg tart for 180?? m i missing something?

thenomadGourmand August 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM

aiyo,so sad one ar the food?

Tummy Rumble August 20, 2010 at 12:51 PM

@Joe: I think we took away some egg tarts as well.. + drinks and + rice + tax + service charge.. It came up to somewhere around there.. The portion of their dishes were very big though..

Tummy Rumble August 20, 2010 at 12:51 PM

@thenomadGOurmand: yes.. what to do?? must try new food mah... ahahaha

Tummy Rumble August 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM

@Joe: I think someone ordered beer as well.. that probably why.. haha

Anonymous,  January 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM

never experience what u had gone through. we just love the food n their service. even people that I recommend just love it.

Anonymous,  January 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Mona November 30, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Went there with 8 other friends last week. Had dim sum. Ordered about 20 of those little dishes. Very disappointed 'cos nothing was good except the egg tart. It seemed like they just defrost the food & then heat them up to serve. Had the most expensive tea too at RM50!....supposed to be Pu-er but what we got was something no different from plain water except that it was brown. Total bill came up to RM190. Don't mind if food is fresh & tasty but this is a rip off. Definitely will not go back to this restaurant & surely will not recommend it to anyone else.

Anonymous,  April 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

This is a terrible place indeed. The service was horrendous - to say the least. We couldn't speak mandarin, but the waitress just acted dumb and refused to explain in cantonese. We waited more than 40 minutes for the dishes to arrive, and only after we said we wanted the bill, regardless of the dishes yet to come, did they miraculously appear. When the bill came we were charged 'FOC fruits' RM 4.00 per pax. Telling them to correct that took another 10 minutes. Guess how many tables of customers were there? 2, including us. That's service for you right there. Disgraceful - my first and last visit ever, thankyouverymuch.