>> Feb 23, 2011
Note: if you're seeing this post somewhere else, his post has been shamefully plagiarised from www.tummy-rumble.com. *Lifts up middle finger to the thief.*
Facts about Hakkasan:
1. Best Chinese Restaurant in the world (2008)
2. Number 19 restaurant in the world (2008)
3. Opened in 2001.
4. 1 Michelin Stars since 2003.
5. Currently has 5 restaurants, London - (Hanway Place, Mayfair), Miami, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai. (Opening in New York soon)
Facts about Alan Yau:
1. Founder of Hakkasan and Yauatcha (Alan has sold it to Tasameem, a property arm of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority)
2. Founder of Wagamama Japanese Noodle Bar and Busaba Thai.
3. Received an OBE from the Queen of England.
There are only 3 Chinese Restaurants with Michelin Stars in London (Hakkasan, Yauatcha and Kai). 2 of them is owned by the same group whereas Kai is owned and run by a Malaysian (Bernard Yeoh). Click here to read about it in The Star (newspaper).
Anyway, enough of the history lesson. I went to Hakkasan 3 times during my stay in London. Initially, I wanted to try Yauatcha on my 3rd visit, but Yauatcha was a little bit too noisy (we had guests and we wanted to talk). Yauatcha specialises in dim sum whereas Hakkasan is famed for their dinner menu.